Welcome to The College of New Jersey! The Office of Student Transitions will help guide you over the next few months as you prepare to start classes this fall.
Check back often!
Our website will be updated regularly between April-August, and will contain important information and communications about your transition to TCNJ.
Don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com with questions.
We couldn’t be more excited to have you join our campus community!
Your TCNJ email is the official communication method of the College. Make sure to check it every day so you don’t miss important information and deadlines!
- Roar Booklet (First-Year Students)
- Transition Times Volume I: May 5, 2021
- Transition Times Volume II: May 19, 2021
- Transition Times Volume III: June 2, 2021
- Transition Times Volume IV: June 16, 2021
You can also access the presentation from our Accepted Students Day session here.
We are moving forward with plans for a hybrid orientation this summer! Please save the date!
Part I: Academic Sessions
These sessions include a department welcome and optional time to make adjustments (if needed) to your Fall 2021 schedule. The academic departments, with support from the Office of Records & Registration, will pre-register students prior to orientation and more details about this process will be sent to your TCNJ email address in early June.
The academic sessions will take place virtually in the morning (between 9:00a-12:00p) on the following days, and you should attend the appropriate day based on your incoming major. School of Education students should attend the day based on their content area and have two department welcomes.
- Monday, July 19: School of Business; School of Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; Center for Student Success (Undeclared-General and Provisional Student Cohorts)
- Tuesday, July 20: School of Education; School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Wednesday, July 21: School of the Arts & Communication; School of Education; School of Engineering
- Thursday, July 22: School of Education; School of Science
Part II: Optional On-Campus Program
All students will have the opportunity to attend an optional on-campus program. Exact events will depend on state restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, however our hope is that we can provide traditional components including campus tours, a resource fair, icebreaker activities, and sessions for parents and guardians.
This program will run Monday, July 19 – Thursday, July 22 in the afternoon (1:00-4:30p). Students will be able to sign up for the day that works best for their schedule (i.e. it does not have to be on the same day as their morning academic sessions) but should only attend one so we can accommodate everyone who wants to participate.
- RSVP Links can be found in the Transition Times Vol. III (June 2, 2021) and Vol. IV (June 16, 2021)
- Deadline to register is Friday, June 25
- Optional On-Campus Program Schedule as of June 1, 2021 (Subject to change)