Welcome to The College of New Jersey! We are so excited to have you join our campus community in January!
The timeline for new students (first-year and transfer) starting in the spring semester is very tight, so it is imperative that you check your TCNJ email address on a regular basis. To help you begin to navigate your transition to the College, below is a list of the major upcoming deadlines, action items, and events.
TCNJ Email Set-Up (ASAP)
Within 24 hours of receiving/processing your enrollment deposit, you will be sent an email (to the address used on your application) with instructions on how to set up your TCNJ account. This needs to be completed ASAP, as this is the official communication method for the College. Information from offices across campus, including Housing and Health Services, is sent ONLY to your school address.
Please note that TCNJ offices will be closed starting Wednesday, December 23, 2021 and will reopen on Monday, January 3, 2022. Deposits can be received during this time, but will not be processed until we return. It is strongly recommended that you submit your deposit electronically, as it will take a few days to sort through personal checks mailed over the break.
You likely have more than a few questions when it comes to what classes you’ll be taking in the spring. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Begin by reading the Transfer E-Book. Created by the Office of Records & Registration, this is an immensely helpful tool to help you start navigating the course enrollment process. This E-Book (and the following placement booklet) is for BOTH transfer and first-year incoming students.
- Review the Placement Booklet to determine whether or not you have to take any assessments prior to registering. Again, this is for all incoming new students (transfer and first-year).
- Transfer Students are assigned an academic evaluator within the Office of Records & Registration based on their primary major. Click here for contact information in case you have specific questions about how your transfer credits were evaluated. All students will be assigned a faculty advisor in their academic department no later than the first week of class.
- Most, if not all, academic departments will register students prior to Winter Orientation. Because they will be reaching out individually, it’s imperative that you check your TCNJ email account daily so you don’t miss important information about finalizing your spring schedule.
Health Forms (Due: January 15)
Every new student, whether living on or off campus, is required to complete pre-entrance health requirements. Forms are uploaded through your Online Wellness Link (OWL) and will not be accepted in person or via email, fax, or regular mail. Students who do not adhere to the January 15 deadline will have holds placed on their account, and may be subject to late fees.
Residential Students: You are also required to show proof you received a seasonal influenza (flu) shot. The deadline for this is the same as your pre-entrance health requirements (January 15) and more information can be found on the Seasonal Influenza (Flu) Vaccination page.
COVID-19 Vaccination (Due: January 5)
Every new student, whether living on or off campus, is also required to upload proof of full vaccination for COVID-19. Per the CDC, fully vaccinated means two weeks (14 days) or more after they received their single dose (J&J) or second of two doses (Pfizer and Moderna). Please review the following dates very carefully, keeping in mind that you may have to factor in other vaccinations as a part of your general pre-entrance health requirements listed above.
Proof of vaccination should be uploaded into your Online Wellness Link by Wednesday, January 5 (you will need your TCNJ email address to access OWL).
- Moderna: First dose no later than Wednesday, December 8; Second dose no later than Wednesday, January 5 (4 weeks between first and second dose)
- Pfizer: First dose no later than Wednesday, December 15; Second dose no later than Wednesday, January 5 (3 weeks between first and second dose)
- J&J: No later than Wednesday, January 5 (single dose)
More information can be found on this COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements page.
Housing Application (Rolling)
Housing applications may be submitted approximately 2-3 business days after your enrollment deposit has been processed (you will need your TCNJ email address to apply). Please review this flyer (also found in your acceptance packet) for instructions and additional details.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ID Card Photo Upload (Due: Friday, January 14)
The TCNJ ID Card is the official photo identification card for the College. You will swipe and use it to access academic areas, parking lots, your residence hall building (if living on campus), pay for meals in our dining hall or other eateries, gain admission to certain on-campus events, and certain library services.
The photo upload system is now open and it’s a brief three-step process:
Bonus: Click Here for a list of Photo Upload FAQs.
You will receive an email to your TCNJ account letting you know whether or not your photo was accepted or rejected. ID Cards will be distributed at check-in for Winter Orientation on Thursday, January 20 (see below).
Deadline to Submit: Friday, January 14
Winter Orientation (Due: Wednesday, January 12)
Winter Orientation will take place January 20-22, 2022 on campus before classes begin on Monday, January 24. A finalized schedule and RSVP form will be sent via email and posted here in early January, and below are some initial details to help you with planning:
- Move-in for residential students will be Thursday, January 20 in the morning (key pick-up from 8:30-9:30a and move-in from 8:30a-12:30p)
- Commuter students should plan on being on campus for the afternoon sessions on Thursday, January 20 (12:00-4:30p)
- Guests are welcome to attend sessions on Thursday, January 20; sessions on Friday and Saturday will be for students only
- All students should plan to be on campus for day sessions (8:30a-4:30p) on Friday, January 21
- Activities on Saturday, January 22 are optional
January Office Hours
The Office of Student Transitions will also be hosting virtual office hours (Zoom) on several weekday evenings leading up to Winter Orientation. Led by our transition leaders, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with current students to learn more about TCNJ and ask questions. The schedule for these hours will also be available in early January.
- Wednesday, January 5 | 5:00-6:00p
- Thursday, January 6 | 6:00-7:00p
- Monday, January 10 | 8:00-9:00p
- Tuesday, January 11 | 6:00-7:00p
- Wednesday, January 12 | 7:00-8:00p
- Thursday, January 13 | 8:00-9:00p
- Monday, January 17 | 5:00-6:00p
Questions or concerns? Please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com.