Phase I: Online Orientation (May-June)
All new students will be required to complete online orientation (NSO55) and the First Semester Worksheet (FSW), both of which are used to preregister you for your fall semester classes. More information will be emailed (to your TCNJ email account ONLY) in May after the National Deposit Deadline passes and the incoming class is finalized.
Phase II: On-Campus Orientation (July)
On-Campus Orientation will take place on campus the Week of July 15, 2019 (students will be assigned one date based on their academic major). This program will allow you to finalize and validate your schedule and meet faculty, staff and other Class of 2023 students in your academic school!
- Monday, July 15: School of the Arts & Communication; School of Engineering; Open Option Education and Speech Pathology Students
- Tuesday, July 16: School of Science
- Wednesday, July 17: School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Thursday, July 18: School of Business; School of Nursing, Health & Exercise Science
School of Education students attend based on their content area. Examples:
- An Elementary Education and Psychology major should attend on Wednesday, July 17 with the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- A Secondary Education Mathematics major should attend on Tuesday, July 16 with the School of Science.
- Open Option Education students, who do not have a content area, should attend on Monday, July 15.
Please Note: Our K-12 programs (Art Education, Music Education, Health & Physical Education Teaching and Technology/Pre-Engineering Education) are separate from the School of Education. These majors should attend on the day their academic school has been assigned (Arts & Communication, Nursing, Health & Exercise Science, and Engineering, respectively).
Families are welcomed and encouraged to attend On-Campus Orientation and will have separate sessions. More information, including schedules and an RSVP form, will be sent to students in early June.